Two-time Olympic shooting gold medallist Michael Diamond has reportedly decided not to appeal his ineligibility for Rio Games selection.
Shooting Australia (SA) decided not to nominate Diamond on Thursday after the veteran trap shooter was charged with drink-driving and firearms offences and stripped of his gun licence last month.
Diamond had 48 hours to appeal in a last-ditch attempt to get to his seventh Olympics.
However despite maintaining his innocence, the 44-year-old told News Corp he had no plans to fight the decision of his sport's peak body.
"I am not going to appeal anything," Diamond said.
"I believe it was a fair hearing.
"If I put myself in the AOC's shoes, they can't send anyone with a judgment that hasn't been sorted out yet."
The Australian Olympic Committee's (AOC) executive board convened on Thursday to hear from SA and give Diamond a chance to argue his case, given Diamond is not expected back in court until July 25 - after the AOC's July 4 cut-off for team selection.
After a four-and-a-half-hour meeting, SA decided not to nominate Diamond for selection.
Chief executive Michael Marangon said Diamond had put his sport in an "inappropriate" position and left the organisation with little choice.